Well it looks like Wendy will get to be closer to Colton now. Her incision has not been healing properly and she has been admitted at Texas Woman's Hospital to treat the incision and prevent against major infections. They are treating her with IV antibiotics and she is under the care of Infectious Disease Doctor. Our gut instinct was that the incision was not healing properly. While it's certainly not the best of situations to have to be admitted back into the hospital, we jumped on this early enough to hopefully prevent any bad infections. So she will likely spend a couple of days in the hospital. She will be closer to Colton now and be able to see him anytime she wants as he will just be down the hall instead of 26 miles away.
I just spoke to Colton's nurse and the news continues to be positive. They went up on his feeds again to 23ml (from 17ml) at 11:00 this morning and he's tolerating that well. His isolette settings have been lowered to 28.5 (was at 29.5 yesterday) and he is holding his temp well. One of the milestones to get him home is that he holds his temperature. The little guy finally broke the 5lb mark! He now weighs 5lbs 1.8oz, a gain of 2 ounces in 1 day. His cast probably weighs enough that he would be under 5lbs if it was removed but the good news is that he continues to gain weight. I'm heading back down tonight to bring Wendy some things and so we can visit Colton.
So tonight I ask that you keep Wendy and Colton in your prayers. Keep checking the blog for updates and thanks again for the love and support....Bret, Wendy, Sydney and Colton.